My Reading Life from A to Z

Author You Have Read the Most From

If we are counting childhood, Ann M. Martin and Francine Pascal. The Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High were my book addictions in elementary school. Along with Goosebumps by R.L Stine. Yes, I was a 90's kid. :D

I was addicted to Harry Potter by the age of 10 years old. In many ways I still am.

I started obsessively reading Stephen King at 16 years old, and read quite a few of his novels.

I hope my post did a read more cut. -_-

Best Sequel Ever

I'm biased, but all the Harry Potter books. :3

Currently Reading

1. Mommy's Hometown Hero-- so BAD.

2. The Warrior's Path-- it's okay.

3. The Ravishing One-- amusing.

4. Strange Intimacy-- not quite sure what to think

5. A Game of Thrones-- awesome!

6. Underneath-- okay-ish?

7. Sense and Sensibilities-- pretty boring

Drink of Choice While Reading

1. Hot tea.

2. Coffee (including irish coffee :3) anything but decaf. Preferably with milk/creamer and lots of sugar. Tim Horton's ice capps when I lived in Canada. Mocha is good too. Iced coffee is also good.

3. Red wine (or any adult beverage really)

4. Iced water/juice

5. Hot Chocolate (preferably with whipped cream :3)

E-Reader or Physical Book

I do love physical book copies. I just LOVE books. The smell and feel of books makes me happy.

At the same time I also love the kindle app on my ipod touch. I can take a library of books with me on the go. It also saves room on my shelves.

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance

The one that comes to mind is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe. I thought I would hate it, but it (gladly) proved me wrong.

Hidden Gem Book

The one that comes to mind at the moment is Flowers in the Attic. It's a current guilty pleasure, but I enjoy the taboo, pulpy, gothic-tone, and trashiness of the novel. All V.C Andrews* books are alike in that fashion.

*Even the ghost-written ones that are published after she died.

Important Moment in Reading Life

Discovering Harry Potter. I have Depression (later re-diagnosed Bipolar and PTSD) since I was around 10 years old. I am also introverted and bookish. Reading Harry Potter books growing up as a tween and teenager helped me get through some very dark moments of my life. I would obsessively read the series over and over again to escape.

Just Finished

Twilight's Child by V.C Andrews. It was SCANDALOUS. *clutches pearls*. :P

Kind of Books You Won't Read

Quite a few of my friends call me the Book Goat. I will read almost anything once. I do DNF books, but I try to outlast the painful (sometimes enraging) reading experience just for the snarking experience(tm). :P

Longest Book You've Read

Gone with the Wind? A lot of Diana Gabaldon books are REALLY long. Stephen King is also prolific. Also certain Harry Potter books are like paper-weight tomes.

Major Book Hangover Because

Harry Potter books. Every time I would get the newest book in the mail, I would spend all night reading the entire book, and usually finished it in one-shot.

Number of Bookcases you own

Currently two. Well, three if you count the kindle app bookcase. :D

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times

All the Harry Potter books. I've read a lot of books more than once, so it would be a long list. XD

Quote that Inspired You From a Book You Read

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Reading Regret

That I have never finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy, yet.

Series You Started and Need to Finish

A Song of Ice and Fire

Three of Your All Time Favorites

Harry Potter, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, and 1984. I do have a lot of faves though.

Fangirl For

J.K Rowling, Stephen King, Tolstoy, and etc...

Very Happy about this Release

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. The sequel to the Shining. I want to read so bad.

Worst Bookish Habit

I dog-ear books.

X marks the spot…start at the top left and pick the 34th Book.

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I haven't read this yet, but it's on the to-read list.

Your Latest Book Purchase

I can't remember.

ZZZ Snatcher Book

Anything that makes me lose myself in it's pages. Anything that makes me lose track of what's going around me or the time passing.